I blame Khaled for pulling me into this meme craze.
Four jobs Ive had in my life
- Bowling Center Service Engineer: I spit-polished bowling shoes (okay, maybe not), prepped lanes for play (say that ten times slow) and basically stood behind the counter at a bowling center pretending to actually know what I was doing.
- Retail Monkey: I think we’ve all done this at one time or another. For me, it was working at a local “Organize Everything”-type store. At one point I was actually designing closets using an in-house CAD program, but mostly I was leaning on a ladder while taking items from overstock and shoving them onto the shelves.
- County Worker: At one point in my ever so illustrious career path I worked for the County Government as a “Community Services Assistant”, which meant go-for-in-training.
- Amusement Park Ride Operator: I read somewhere that Howie Mandel held the coveted position of Ride Operator at a Canadian amusement park. This was probably one of the easiest jobs I’ve ever had in my life. It was part-time and consisted of pushing a green button to start the ride and a red one to end it.
Four movies I can watch over and over
- Saving Private Ryan: For one, it’s Spielberg, one of the only directors of whom I have the uttermost respect for. That and it’s a World War 2 movie. For some reason I’m drawn to that era and the war which defined it.
- You’ve Got Mail: Admittedly, this shouldn’t be here, but it is, so let me explain. There are only a handful of chick flicks that I actually like and this is one of them. Oddly, whenever it’s played excessively on HBO, no matter how many times I’ve seen it to date, I’m right there with a bowl full of popcorn.
- E.T.: This is my favorite movie of all time. It’s got an alien who gets drunk on screen, hides among a collection of dolls and forms a friendship with an awkward kid. What’s not to like?
- Back to the Future (1−3): I snuck the sequels in there just because I enjoy them as much as the original. Another one of the my favorites due to the theme of time travel and the potential to change the past and future.
Four places I have lived
- Riverside, CA
- East Moline, IL
- Rochester, NY
- … and that’s it.
Four TV shows I love to watch
- Smallville (when it’s more about Superman and less about being a soap)
- Scrubs (frick!)
Four places I have been on vacation
- Bishop, CA
- Morro Bay, CA
Four websites I visit daily
Four of my favourite foods
I love pasta. That’s about it.
Four places I would rather be right now
- New Zealand
- Norway (uff da!)
Four people I’ll pass this along to
As I’ve done in the past when I’ve expired my resources or just don’t know who to send it to, feel free to steal this meme.